BIOL398-03/S13:Class Journal Week 12
- After last weeks excel assignment, the excel work came easiest to me this time.
- Most challenging was making the connection between genes and why they were regulated differently during cold shock.
- I do not fully understand the connections between the cluster I had and the cold shock, further testing may help me out a bit when we make the model.
- Per gene p values told us if an individual gene was regulated at a statistically significant level during cold shock in the yeast, and the same goes for the clusters and the GO terms. If the p value is less than .05, then we had a statistically significant piece of data to work with, or something worth looking into.
Kevin Matthew McKay 20:15, 9 April 2013 (EDT)
Matthew E. Jurek Week 12
- What aspect of this assignment came most easily to you?
- What aspect of this assignment was the most challenging for you?
- What (yet) do you not understand?
- For the week 9 and 12 assignments we computed (or the software did) three different p values: per individual gene, per profile, and per Gene Ontology term. State in your own words what we need each of these p values for and what are they telling us?