Editing your directory page (Time to complete, 5mins)
- Log into the OpenWetWare wiki. If you don't have an OpenWetWare account, you can get one here.
- Browse/search to your page in the wiki version of the directory. The name of your page will be of the form BE_Board:Joe_Bloggs. If you use a new window in your web browser to view your page, you can continue to follow the instructions in this tutorial.
- Click the button at the top of the page.
- In the text box, you will see different fields, such as image, name, and year etc.
- Try editing the value of a field. For example, enter your MIT office address after "address=".
- Click to test your changes, and then make sure to click to save your edits.
- Please feel free to add to or subtract from any field on your directory page. In particular, we would love for you to upload an image of yourself. The next section of the tutorial will teach you how to do this.
Putting a picture on your directory page (Time to complete, 5mins)
- You'll need a digital image of yourself, or whatever you want to represent you:) The size of the picture doesn't matter, as it will be automatically resized on the page. Square pictures will work better however. The picture can be in .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .tiff or .gif format.
- Click the link on the bottom of the sidebar that can be found on any OpenWetWare page.
- Click the Browse button and select the picture to be uploaded. Click Open.
- Click the button.
- You will be taken to a page describing the image you just uploaded. The title of the page will be Image:TheNameOfYourFile.jpg. Copy that title.
- Go back to your directory page and click the button.
- Paste the page title you copied into the text box, after image=, instead of Image:BEStudentNoImage.jpg.
- Click to check if you like the look of the picture.
- When you are happy, click to save your page.