Instructor: Drew Endy (endy at mit dot edu)
TAs: Laura Sontag (sontag at mit dot edu) and Sabrina Spencer (spencers at mit dot edu)
Lecture: T/R noon-1 (36-156)
Welcome to BE.180, MIT Biological Engineering's programming course! For many of you this will be the first time learning to program computers; others may already be programming gurus. Regardless of your background, upon completing BE.180 you'll have learned how to solve complex biological engineering problems using computational approaches. You'll also discover the rudiments of how to program DNA, the genetic material that runs inside all living organisms. Along the way, you'll be exposed to powerful ideas that underlie all of modern engineering. We hope that you have a great experience with the course!
- 19 February 2006. Please note that office hours will still be held on Monday, February 20 (even though Tuesday is supposed to be Monday schedule of classes).
- 17 February 2006. Please check the Assignment 1 page for important updates and clarifications. BE.180:Assignment1
- 16 February 2006. Office hours have been changed due to popular demand. They are now on Mondays 3-4pm and Wednesdays 12-1pm in 68-329.
- 16 February 2006. Assignment 1: please use the parts.txt file provided on the assignment 1 page as the input to your Python program
- 14 February 2006. Office hours will be held on Mondays and Wednesdays from 12-1pm in 68-329, or by appointment. Regular office hours will start next week.
- 8 February 2006. Day 1 notes and assessment answers are online.
- 7 February 2006. Introductory UNIX and Python tutorials will be held in 37-312 on Wednesday (2/8) from 4-8pm and Thursday (2/9) from 5-7pm. We will be giving a short introduction at 4pm and 6pm on Wednesday and 5pm on Thursday, and after that we will give you exercises to work through with our help. Please try to attend at least 2 of the 6 hours of sessions, and be there to hear one of the introductions. Please contact the TAs if you cannot make any of the 6 hours.
- 6 February 2006. Python tutorials now being scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday evening.