Anthony J. Wavrin Week 11
(Difference between revisions)
Revision as of 00:11, 4 April 2013
- Microorganisms are susceptible to temperature changes due to their inability to move, thus they must have physiological means to adapt to these changing environments.
- The temperature situation tested in this study was the effect of cold temperatures, termed cold shock.
- Recent studies have also looked at cold shock in yeast but, used a method of growing them in batch cultures.
- In this study, yeast were grown in chemostats to keep the conditions more constant.
- The yeast's adaptation to cold shock is determined by looking at changes in the transcriptome.