AU Biomaterials Design Lab:Equipment/UV-2550 Shimadzu
- Shimadzu UV-2550
Purpose of use
- How does this instrument work?
- What can this instrument be used for?
- Beeghly 207
- American University
- Washington, DC, 20016
- access to the laboratory is restricted; see Dr. Miller, Dr. Hartings or Dr. Fox for access.
- How does one use this instrument.
- Include any relevant links to OWW protocols
- Include any relevant links to the manufacturer's protocols
- Note to users: you may note any troubleshooting or log your use on the talk page.
- Are there any safety considerations for this instrument?
Setting Wavelength Range
- 190nm to 1100nm
Measurement Wavelength Range
- 190nm to 900nm, but can measure up to 1100 with choice with detector
Wavelength Scanning Speed
- Wavelength slew rate: about 3200nm/min
- Wavelength scan rate: about 900nm-160nm/min
- Monitor scan rate: about 2500nm/min
- At 1nm units for scan start and sea end wavelengths, and 0.1nm units for over wavelengths
Lamp Interchange wavelength
- Auto switching synchronized with wavelength, switching range selectable between 282nm-393nm (0.1nm units)
- 6-step switching along 0.1/0.2/0.5/1/2/5nm
- Optimum response speed automatically set depending on bandwidth, minimum 0.1sec
- Less than 0.0003% (220nm, Nal 10g/L solution)
- Less than 0.0003% (340nm, UV-39 filter)
- Double-beam, direct-ratio system with dynode feedback
- Absorbance(Abs.), transmittance(%), reflectance(%), energy(E)
- Absorbance: -4 to 5 Abs
- Transmittance, reflectance: 0.0 to 999.9%
- ±0.002 Abs (0-0.5 Abs)
- ±0.004 Abs (0.5-1.0 Abs)
- ±0.3%T (0-100% T) filter
- Tested with NIST 903D standard