AU Biomaterials Design Lab:Equipment/UV-2550 Shimadzu
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
*Shimadzu® UV-2550 is a ultra-low stray light double monochromator instrument. It provides UV-vis spectral analysis for samples by the embedded double blazed grating double monochromator. High energy optical system
*Shimadzu® UV-2550 is a ultra-low stray light double monochromator instrument. It provides UV-vis spectral analysis for samples by the embedded double blazed grating double monochromator. High energy optical systemstray light are of its advantages over other double monochromators.
==Purpose of use==
==Purpose of use==
Revision as of 22:20, 28 November 2012
- Shimadzu® UV-2550
- Shimadzu® UV-2550 is a ultra-low stray light double monochromator instrument. It provides UV-vis spectral analysis for samples by the embedded double blazed grating double monochromator. High energy optical system, wide dynamic range, small beam size, law stray light are some of its advantages over other double monochromators.
Purpose of use
- How does this instrument work?
- What can this instrument be used for?
- Beeghly 207
- American University
- Washington, DC, 20016
- access to the laboratory is restricted; see Dr. Miller, Dr. Hartings or Dr. Fox for access.
- How does one use this instrument.
- Include any relevant links to OWW protocols
- Include any relevant links to the manufacturer's protocols
- Note to users: you may note any troubleshooting or log your use on the talk page.
- Are there any safety considerations for this instrument?
Setting Wavelength Range
- 190nm to 1100nm
Measurement Wavelength Range
- 190nm to 900nm, but can measure up to 1100 with choice with detector
Wavelength Scanning Speed
- Wavelength slew rate: about 3200nm/min
- Wavelength scan rate: about 900nm-160nm/min
- Monitor scan rate: about 2500nm/min
- At 1nm units for scan start and sea end wavelengths, and 0.1nm units for over wavelengths
Lamp Interchange wavelength
- Auto switching synchronized with wavelength, switching range selectable between 282nm-393nm (0.1nm units)
- 6-step switching along 0.1/0.2/0.5/1/2/5nm
- Optimum response speed automatically set depending on bandwidth, minimum 0.1sec
- Less than 0.0003% (220nm, Nal 10g/L solution)
- Less than 0.0003% (340nm, UV-39 filter)
- Double-beam, direct-ratio system with dynode feedback
- Absorbance(Abs.), transmittance(%), reflectance(%), energy(E)
- Absorbance: -4 to 5 Abs
- Transmittance, reflectance: 0.0 to 999.9%
- ±0.002 Abs (0-0.5 Abs)
- ±0.004 Abs (0.5-1.0 Abs)
- ±0.3%T (0-100% T) filter
- Tested with NIST 903D standard
- ±0.001 Abs (0-0.5 Abs)
- ±0.002 Abs (0.5-1.0 Abs)
- ±0.001 Abs (excluding noise, using 2nm slit, and slow wavelength scanning speed)
- Auto correction using PC (stored baseline is automatically loaded when power is switched on, re-correction is possible)
- 0.0004Abs/h (after power is on for 2 hours)
Temperature and humidity requirements
- 15-35°C, 45-80%(no condensation, less than 70% above 30°C)
- 50W halogen lamp (2,000 hours life), deuterium lamp (socket type), light source auto position adjustment built in.
- Grating/Grating type double monochromator
- Pre-monochromator: double-blazed holographic grating
- Main monochromator: high-performance blazed holographic grating in aberration-corrected Czerny-Turner mounting
- R928 Red-Sensitive Photomultiplier
- Internal dimensions: 150W x 260D x 120H (mm)
- Distance between light beams: 100nm
- Maximum light path length of cell: 100nm
- AC100, 120, 220, 240V, switch selectable
- 50/60Hz; 250 VA
- 570W x 660D x 275H (mm)
- About 36kg