AU Biomaterials Design Lab:Equipment/Shimadzu AA-6200
(Difference between revisions)
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
Revision as of 15:38, 13 November 2012
- Shimadzu AA-6200 double-beam atomic absorption spectrophotometer.
- It can detect the concentration of Au and Cu even at very low concentrations (ppm).
Purpose of Use
- Operation of the Shimadzu AA-6200
- Turn on the instrument and open the WizAArd program.
- Click Connect, then Next.
- Select the element, either Au or Cu, to be measured.
- Click Warmup Lamp, then Next.
- Adjust the lamp to the proper position by rotating it on the right side of the instrument. Click Next.
- Select the calibration method, enter the number of standards to be measured, and their concentrations. Click Next.
- Enter the number of samples to be measured and their identifications. Click Next.
- Ignite the flame by simultaneously pushing and holding the back and white buttons. Once the flame has ignited, release the buttons.
- Place the suction tube in deionized water, then click Blank to blank the instrument.
- Autozero by placing the suction tube in a solution of your choice, then clicking Autozero.
- Place the suction tube in deionized water between measurement of solutions.
- Place the suction tube in the first standard solution and click Start.
- Repeat the last two steps for all of the standard solutions, then continue on to the sample solutions.
- Extinguish the flame by pushing the red (extinguish) button.
- Click File -> Export Data to save the data as a text file.
- Optics: Double beam, chopper mirror
- Monochromator: Czerny-Turner monochromator, holographic grating (1600 lines/mm)
- Wavelength range: 190-900 nm, automated wavelength selection
- Slit width: 0.2 nm or 0.7 nm, manual selection
- Lamp turret: 2 lamps, simultaneously lit, manual selection
- Lamp mode: Emission, non-BGC, BGC-D2
- Frequency: 100 Hz
- Nebulizer: Nebulizer integrated impact bead and jacket tip, Pt/Ir capillary
- Chamber: Polypropylene
- Burner: Fixed position and height, 10 cm titanium slot burner, manual selection between air/C2H2 and N2O/C2H2
- Gas control: Manual selection of flow rate, automatic air/N2O switching system
- Safety: Gas pressure monitoring, automatic flame monitoring, safety interlock for misuse of burner, automatic flame extinguish upon power failure
- Ignition: Manual selection
- Software: Based on Microsoft Windows, WizAArd
- Power requirements: AC220 V, 230 V, 50/60 Hz, 300 VA, requires transformer for AC115 V
- Ambient temperature range: 10~35°C
- Ambient humidity range: 45~80%, but less than 70% if temperature is above 30°C