AU Biomaterials Design Lab:Equipment/FPLC
< AU Biomaterials Design Lab:Equipment
- AKTApurifier is an automated liquid chromatography system.
- This is the UPC model which is accompanied by the UPC-900 for combined measurement of UV absorption, pH, and conductivity.
- This features flow rates up to:
AKTApurifier 100 (P-901): 100 ml/min at pressures up to 10 MPa.
AKTApurifier 10 (P-903): 10 ml/min at pressures up to 25 MPa.
- This has a compact separation unit. UNICORN control system version 5.10 is the computer running system which includes:
(1) a fraction collector
(2) a monitor for pH and conductivity measurement
Purpose of Use
- This is used for rapid purification of proteins at low to medium pressures.
- The system works by passing the sample through different flowpaths with specific affinities for the constituents in the sample.