840:153g:Projects/project26/2012/11/08

From OpenWetWare

< 840:153g:Projects | project26 | 2012 | 11
Revision as of 13:12, 4 December 2012 by Kayla Ann Ohrt (Talk | contribs)
(diff) ←Older revision | Current revision (diff) | Newer revision→ (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
Cloning of Atrolysin A from Crotalus atrox Main Project Page
Previous entry      Next entry

PCR

This week we used our working primers to try and make a PCR product. Our first trial failed so we then added a higher concentration of DNA and lowered our annealing temps. We are hoping allow for a positive DNA result. We also isolated our plasmid BBa_I0500 which is 1210 Bp long. We ran the sample on a gel and got to see if the DNA was present or not. There was faint banding around 1200 bp which is the size of the insert and banding at 4425 bp which is the size of the backbone. If present we will then be able to add our bio brick parts and incorporate our DNA in the plasmid.

Image:11-6-12A.tif

Starting from the left: there is the positive control, negative control, E3, A3, Ladder, E2, A2, E1, A1. No bands showed up on the gel meaning that there was no amplification.

Image:11-8-12A.tif

This gel is of the plasmid DNA. Starting from the left is: K4, K3, Ladder, K2, K1. The bands that showed up were light, but present. They showed up around the 1200 bp mark.

Personal tools