840:153g:Projects/project25/2012/09/20

From OpenWetWare

< 840:153g:Projects | project25 | 2012 | 09
Revision as of 14:53, 2 October 2012 by Colby Swanson (Talk | contribs)
(diff) ←Older revision | Current revision (diff) | Newer revision→ (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
Cloning of mreB gene from Caulobacter crescentus Main project page
Previous entry      Next entry

Preparation Week 2/DNA Extraction

This week we were able to successfully culture C. crescentus and finish preparing reagents for DNA extraction. We loop inoculated 3 cultures in 5mL of PYE media which incubated at 30 degrees Celcius for 2 days. On 9/20/12 we began the DNA extraction using a protocol found on Open Wet Ware. We took two samples (A & B)to use for extraction and froze the remaining sample for future use. We did not finish the extraction due to time so froze our samples in the -80 degree freezer. Next week we plan on finishing this procedure as well as prepping for PCR to make sure our DNA is present. If time allows we will actually run the PCR that day.


Personal tools