Week 12 Tuesday
Guest lecture from Howard Silver of MIT libraries.
Topic: finding regulations/mandates that relate to your project. FDA? EPA? USDA?
Content for today is here. Also there are library patent support pages here. These pages include video tutorials for self learning, and links to open resources that are, evidently, much easier to use that the USPTO. Last note from Howard is that good choices for subscription resources are BIOSIS and SciFinder Scholar.
And here's the link to the NPR story featuring our oft-used example Eau d'Coli and our very own 20.902ers. We Are Bioengineers, indeed.
Week 12 Studio
- Prof. Ken Oye for Banne, Customizable Vaccine, 2:15-2:45
- Prof. Ed Boyden for BlaSh, Neuronal information processing, 2:15-2:45
- Prof. Kris Prather for BioMagik, Vitamin A probiotic, 4:30-5PM
- Prof. Missy Holbrook for TreeHuggers, Inc, phone consultation, 4-4:30 PM
- Prof. Alan J. Grodzinsky for Scar-B-Gone, time ~3:30-4 (hard stop at 4)
- Prof. Adam Arkin for Bio-logic, time 1:30-2PM from 16-325
Week 12 Thursday
Lecture: Tips on giving talks
Today we considered tip and tricks that you might use to construct and deliver even better presentations. Here is a link to the slides (with some notes):
PDF and here's a YouTube video that illustrates a lot of powerpoint "don'ts."