Instructors: Angela Belcher, Bevin Engelward, Natalie Kuldell and Agi Stachowiak
Writing Instructor: Linda Sutliff
Oral Presentation Instructor: Atissa Banuazizi
Graduate TAs: Timothy Helbig, Marcus Parrish, Jingjing Sun
Lecture: T/R 11-12 (4-153)
Lab: T/R 1-5 or W/F 1-5 (56-322)
Seminar Room: 16-336
Welcome to 20.109! For many of you this will be the first time in a research lab and for others it will not, but it is our goal to make this class a useful and fun introduction to experiments and techniques in biological engineering. There is not time enough to show you everything you’ll need to know if you go on to do research, but after taking this class you should feel confident and familiar with some fundamental experimental approaches and lab protocols. You will develop good habits at the bench, ones that will increase the likelihood of success in your work and ensure the health and safety of you and those around you. By the end of the semester, you should also be aware of good scientific practice, having had some experience with report writing, notebook keeping and publicly presenting your data. All of us involved in teaching 20.109 hope you will find it a satisfying challenge and an exciting experience that has lasting value.
- To submit your major assignments, access the Stellar drop-box that's here
Beautiful artwork for homepage from Jennifer Cook-Chrysos
- In preparation for the slide summary assignment, Agi will hold the following office hours next week: Monday, 4-5 pm (NOT 2-3 pm); Tuesday, 1-3 pm. Both sessions will be held in 16-336, and both lab section are welcome to attend.
- Agi has posted a correction to her Day 5 pre-lab notes on the Schedule page. One of the diagnostic digest banding patterns was incorrect. Thanks to folks in office hours for asking about it!
- Agi will hold office hours as usual today, from 2-3 pm in 16-319. Homeworks for the W/F section will be available. We will move to 16-336 if a lot of folks show up.
- The W/F diagnostic digests are posted here. Check out your data!!
- The T/R diagnostic digests are posted here. Check out your data!!
- Natalie will return the FNT cards from Thursday by noon Friday. Look for them in the mailbox outside her office door, 16-325. Any general comments or concerns will be emailed to the group.
- Natalie will hold office hours on Sunday...earlier than stated in lab though. 1-2 10/2 in 56-322 and Monday 3-4 in 16-325. Stop by if you have questions.
- Links to cloning animation and transformation animation
- Agi will hold office hours on Mondays, 2-3 in 16-319. All are welcome!
- Tuesday/Thursday Recovery Gels have been added to the wiki! Check out the M1D3 talk page
- Wednesday/Friday Recovery Gels have been added to the wiki! Check out the M1D3 talk page
- If you are having questions about logging in to the class blog, then please hold off on any posts (and definitely don't think you have to pay to get an account!!). We'll sort out the mechanics of this website next week.
- You can find old announcements here