Instructors: Angela Belcher, Bevin Engelward, Natalie Kuldell and Agi Stachowiak
Writing Instructor: Neal Lerner, Linda Sutliff
Oral Presentation Instructor: Atissa Banuazizi
Graduate TAs: Tyler DeWitt, Michelle Sukup Jackson, Bridget Wall
Lecture: T/R 11-12 (26-168)
Lab: T/R 1-5 or W/F 1-5 (56-322)
Seminar Room: 16-336
Welcome to 20.109! For many of you this will be the first time in a research lab and for others it will not, but it is our goal to make this class a useful and fun introduction to experiments and techniques in biological engineering. There is not time enough to show you everything you’ll need to know if you go on to do research, but after taking this class you should feel confident and familiar with some fundamental experimental approaches and lab protocols. You will develop good habits at the bench, ones that will increase the likelihood of success in your work and ensure the health and safety of you and those around you. By the end of the semester, you should also be aware of good scientific practice, having had some experience with report writing, notebook keeping and publicly presenting your data. All of us involved in teaching 20.109 hope you will find it a satisfying challenge and an exciting experience that has lasting value.
- To submit your major assignments, access the Stellar drop-box that's here
- Agi's office hours will be on Monday (Nov 9th) from 1:30-3 pm in room 16-336. The first 15 min or so of OH will be a lecture on the different parts of a research article, with a focus on the differences between Results and Discussion sections.
- T/R Western blots are scanned and images are posted here
- To help with the upcoming research article that's due 11.12 or 11.13, NK will have office hours on Tuesday November 10th from 11-1 in the lab.
- W/F diagnostic digest gels are now posted along with the T/R gels (see below).
- T/R agarose gels for Mod2 K+ and P+ candidates are now posted here
- Sign-up for a journal article day (M2D4 or M2D7) is on the Module 2, Day 1 "Talk" page.
- Agi's office hours for the journal club assignment will be by appointment only (arranged by email or in person).
- You can find old announcements here