Instructors: Angela Belcher, Drew Endy, Natalie Kuldell and Agi Stachowiak
Writing Instructor: Neal Lerner
Oral Presentation Instructor: Atissa Banuazizi
Graduate TAs: Robbie Barbero, Alice Lo, Laure-Anne Ventouras
Undergrad TAs: Angi Wu, Mike Yee
Lecture: T/R 11-12 (13-3101)
Lab: T/R 1-5 or W/F 1-5 (13-3095)
Office hours: (undergraduate TAs) Su/W 9-10pm (coffeehouse, third floor of the student center)
Welcome to 20.109! For many of you this will be the first time in a research lab and for others it will not, but it is our goal to make this class a useful and fun introduction to experiments and techniques in biological engineering. There is not time enough to show you everything you’ll need to know if you go on to do research, but after taking this class you should feel confident and familiar with some fundamental experimental approaches and lab protocols. You will develop good habits at the bench, ones that will increase the likelihood of success in your work and ensure the health and safety of you and those around you. By the end of the semester, you should also be aware of good scientific practice, having had some experience with report writing, notebook keeping and publicly presenting your data. All of us involved in teaching 20.109 hope you will find it a satisfying challenge and an exciting experience that has lasting value.
- No Office Hours this Sunday, but will continue in the Coffeehouse on Wednesday as usual, 9-10 PM.
- T/R Western blots have been uploaded here
- Additional info for Part 4 of your portfolio:
- Bank of America would be an example of a service industry.
- Apple is a high tech company.
- Best Buy or Macy's would be retail.
Hope that clarifies some of the assignment...
- Mod 1 Oral Presentations are nearly here! If you'd like to present one of the articles that focus on Genome Engineering, sign-up here. Presentations will take place Thursday Oct 4th and Friday Oct 5th from 1-5 in 56-402. Even if you don't present, you will have to attend to support and ask good questions of your classmates.
- Check out 20.109 featured on the front page for OWW
- The undergraduate TAs will hold office hours Su/W 9-10pm in the coffeehouse. See you soon!
- You can find old announcements here